Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Strange place...

I think it's time I got a place of my own.

Nothing against the hotel that I'm staying in. It's a bit dark, of course, and odd smells persist in getting attached to my clothes... The mattress is hard, but I'm used to sleeping on the ground. I wish my neighbours didn't make so much noise though - they're always growling or howling or stuff. Makes life out in the open seem awfully peaceful.

The people are friendly. Well, the porter is. When I said I wanted to move out, he insisted on taking me to the local pub for a drink.

The local pub is actually the hotel bar, and I'm not sure if anyone has been in it since it was a dungeon (hasn't changed much but I suppose it must be the style in the city). Anyway, the porter insisted on plying me with inferior brandy (doesn't normally taste like dirty dishwater, does it?) - which was very kind of him.

Unfortunately I woke with a thumping headache this morning, and I've no memory of how I got home (up the 15 flights of stairs from the basement bar). Feel a bit embarrased really - never been drunk before.

I'm really getting into the city life, aren't I?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you staying in Hotel California by any chance?

Anonymous said...

that sounds terrible - stay away from alcohol - its very nasty. come and live with me :)

Tobe (Pronounced Toby) said...

Thanks for the invite, Pinky - where do you live?

Anonymous said...

I cant give my address over the web but it is in Churchtown and its very nice. we are curerntly doing up a visitors room. its really comfy - you would love it - especially November and October (permanent residents) who i think are related to you.

Inkpot said...

I think To-Be has been kidnapped, drugged, killed, eaten, buried alive or some other terrible fate that has befallen him. Shame.

Anonymous said...

I think that you are right Inky - thats very sad :(

Anonymous said...

I have Tobe. If you want to see him blog again, leave one million euro in twenty euro notes in an unmarked briefcase outside the closed down post office in Blackrock. P.s I know where you live.